It’s that time of the year where you won’t leave the house without your favorite scarf and cozy socks. We are all aware of keeping warm and toasty with extra outer layers, but what many people don’t realize is eating warm cooked foods are internally nourishing and can be a highly motivating start to a day.
My personal favorite of the season is a pumpkin spice oatmeal that is quickly prepared, nutritious, delicious and warming from the inside.
(As a side note, you should know personally I am obsessed with oatmeal. There is no limit to the time of the day I might be caught firing up a bowl of oats with yummy spices and toppings.)
Pumpkin Spice Superfood Oatmeal
2 cups plant based milk
- 1 cup (gluten free) oats
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar or monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp. chopped almonds or pecans
- Gogi or mulberries
- Ground flaxseed or hemp seeds
- In a pot bring milk to a Boil, stir in oats, pumpkin puree, coconut sugar.
- Cook on a low heat for about 5 minutes or until a thick and creamy texture is achieved – stir as needed.
- Add toppings of choice & Enjoy!
- Serves 2
It’s important to eat with the seasons to maintain optimal health. Look out for my Super Duper Acai Bowl Recipe in Spring.